24 Seaby Street, Stawell, Victoria
UNDER CONTRACT - Diamond House Motor Inn, Stawell VIC - 1P0171
Freehold Going Concern $795,000
EXCLUSIVE TO MHB
Can it get any better?
10 x unit VIC freehold motel located just a 2.5 x hour drive from Melbourne.
Perfect corner location, situated upon a large 1,450m2 (GRZ1) corner land allotment in the heart of Stawell.
Offering 10 attractive and well-equipped motel rooms across 2 levels, each with a capacity to accommodate up to 3 adults with a queen and single option. Plenty of off-street parking is also available for guests. A comfortable 2 x bedroom on-site owner`s residence completes the accommodation package.
* DEVELOPMENT Opportunity:
As an added bonus, planning permission for 4 x new motel style accommodation units, the construction of which has been deferred until 2023 allowing the benefit of transferring to the new owner. (Estimated cost $400K).
The restaurant and function spaces along with the 2 bedroom residence could also be re-purposed as additional guest accommodation.
A comfortable 2 x bedroom on-site owner`s residence completes the accommodation package.
* RESTAURANT Opportunity:
Currently in use, with a commercial kitchen and current VIC liquor licence.
With a restaurant capacity for up to 39 seats, the food is of the quality one would expect to find in top Melbourne restaurants.
The function room and outdoor eating area is perfect for hosting larger parties with a capacity to seat up to 60 guests and the Diamond House bar also holds nights of good food and good music, bringing the best of Australian Blues and Roots Guitar music to country Victoria.
An ideal opportunity for an operator to convert the main restaurant within the property to cater to any type of in demand diverse cuisine restaurant and/or takeaway.
Originally constructed in 1868, the Diamond House Motor Inn is one of the oldest and most distinctive houses in Stawell.
* Valuation – $1,000,000 circa July 2022
* Development opportunity (beyond the 4 new units STCA)
* The only motel in Stawell off the Highway
* 10 x well-appointed motel suites with planning permission for 4 x more units
* Function room capacity for up to 61 guests and restaurant for up to 39
* Double revenue stream with accommodation and restaurant
* Ideally located within a popular tourism region
* 2 x bedroom owner`s residence
* Current and transferrable VIC Liquor Licence
* Set on (approx.) 1,450m2 of General Residential Zoned land
The town of Stawell caters to approx. 6,000 to 7,000 people in main town and nearby smaller suburbs. Stawell is the closest large town to the Grampians National Park and the park's tourist village of Halls Gap, making it an ideal base to explore the natural attractions in the area. The economy of Stawell is sustained by the mining, agriculture, manufacturing, retail and tourism industries.
Investors note - keep the building and sell the business going forward. So many options with a property of this nature.
Contact Kamal Sharma direct on ---------- or Dan McDonald direct on ---------- for more information and to book an inspection.
Other Features / Notes
Freehold, Motel, Under Contract, VIC - North West
Key Investment InsightsKey Insights:
1. The Diamond House Motor Inn is a well-established and profitable business located in Stawell, Victoria.
2. The property is situated on a large 1,450m2 corner land allotment in the heart of Stawell, making it a prime location for tourists and travelers.
3. The business offers 10 well-equipped and attractive motel rooms, each with a capacity to accommodate up to 3 adults.
4. The property also includes a comfortable 2 bedroom on-site owner's residence, providing a convenient living arrangement for the new owner.
5. The property has development potential, with planning permission for 4 new motel style accommodation units. This presents an opportunity for the new owner to expand the business and increase revenue.
6. The property also includes a restaurant with a commercial kitchen and current VIC liquor license. The restaurant has a capacity for up to 39 seats and can also cater for larger functions with a capacity of up to 60 guests.
7. The town of Stawell is a popular tourist destination, with the Grampians National Park and the tourist village of Halls Gap nearby. This makes the Diamond House Motor Inn an ideal base for tourists exploring the area.
8. The property is set on General Residential Zoned land, providing potential for future development or repurposing of the restaurant and function spaces.
9. The property has a current valuation of $1,000,000 and offers a double revenue stream with accommodation and restaurant services.
10. The property is listed for sale by Kamal Sharma and Dan McDonald, and interested buyers can contact them directly for more information and to book an inspection.