Berowra Waters, New South Wales
Exquisite wilderness getaway less than an hour from central Sydney | Resort Brokers ID : FH007503
Marramarra Lodge proved an instant hit as a Sydney weekend and corporate getaway when it opened in 2021.
Framed by the pristine Marramarra National Park and the gentle beauty of the shimmering Hawkesbury River, Marramarra Lodge’s appeal as a luxury back-to-nature escape from Sydney’s hustle and bustle cannot be equalled. Adding to the lodge’s unique allure is that it can only be accessed by boat or plane.
The property has capacity for 28 guests across 14 lodgings: eight luxury tents and six extravagant bungalows. All are fully self-contained with balconies overlooking the Hawkesbury.
While the lodgings are brand new, the property is centred around the historic Carter House, which was constructed in the 1920s and now serves as the leisure and billiards room.
Marramarra Lodge’s five-star riverfront restaurant, Budyari, headed by a triple Michelin hatted chef, adds to property’s singular appeal.
Showing an upward trajectory for premium wilderness accommodation so close to Sydney, Marramarra Lodge offers a business opportunity like no other.
- Substantial 3.54 ha landholding with 825 m river frontage
- 14 luxury lodges including 8 glamping tents and 6 lavish bungalows, all fully self-contained
- Gourmet restaurant run by Michelin hatted chef
- Professionally managed by 16 permanent staff, all lodged onsite
- Strong repeat clientele, effective referrals and five-star Google rating
- Outdoor swimming pool, stylish day spa and billiard room
- 3 private jetties and overwater boathouse
- 2 lavish communal buildings plus manager’s residence and two self-contained units
- Development potential to expand guest capacity by installing additional lodgings on the property’s surplus land (STCA)
- Inspections by appointment only
Date updated: 26 Nov 2023 22:00:07
Key Investment Insights1. Prime location less than an hour from central Sydney, offering a luxury back-to-nature escape from the city's hustle and bustle.
2. Accessible only by boat or plane, adding to the property's exclusivity and appeal.
3. 14 fully self-contained lodgings including luxury tents and bungalows, all with balconies overlooking the Hawkesbury River.
4. Centred around a historic 1920s house, now serving as a leisure and billiards room.
5. Five-star riverfront restaurant run by a triple Michelin hatted chef.
6. Strong repeat clientele and effective referrals, with a five-star Google rating.
7. Professionally managed by 16 permanent staff, all lodged onsite.
8. Additional amenities such as an outdoor swimming pool, day spa, and billiard room.
9. Potential for development and expansion of guest capacity on the property's surplus land (subject to council approval).
10. Inspections by appointment only.