Tweed Heads, New South Wales
2414ML - REDUCED PRICE - Cheap as Chips!!
- Located in the centre of town so you can walk to everything imaginable
- This 18 room motel has potential written all over it
- Ideal for a handyman, as minor cosmetic work should see the occupancy rate of 57% lift dramatically and profits soar
- Easy to maintain grounds and salt water pool means low external workload
- Suitable for 1 person or a working couple
- Only 10 years on the lease, but that's enough time to make the money and run
Holy Moly Guacamole!
This 18 room motel is awaiting its next owner to seize the opportunity and help it shine. Located in the centre of Tweed Heads CBD it is just a casual stroll to shops, clubs, cafes and restaurants. Then within a 10 minute walk is the Tweed River if your into fishing and/or boating and there's the main street of Coolangatta with an array of restaurants and shoping. Also within easy reach are several world famous beaches such as Rainbow Bay, Snapper Rocks and Duranbah. There are schools, churches, a University and even the Gold Coast International Airport all within a 5 minute drive. What more could you want from a location.
The business has been steadily growing over the past few years and the current owners have done some work to the rooms but there is potential to improve your bottom line with further cosmetic changes and improved marketing. The 2-3 bedroom owner's residence could do with some TLC but hey, you can't expect everything to be perfect when you are getting a 51% Return On Investment.
There may be only 10 years left on the lease however this business is priced right to sell quickly. Don't miss this opportunity to work for yourself, to earn a good living and to have a lifestyle envied by many.
Call today as tomorrow may be too late!
Net profit $129,562 for 2014/15
Contact Tony Johnson from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 2414ML
Location: Tweed Heads NSW
Tweed Heads is as far north as you can get in NSW, with the town abutting the Queensland border, and turning into Coolangatta on the other side, with both known as the Twin Towns. The area is a hotbed of activity, with tourism, shopping, surfing and some of the fastest residential growth in the state.
The town itself revolves around tourism and the retail and service sector, and with Murwillumbah, is the central focus for the many smaller towns and villages in the shire. Recent on-going streetscaping is making the central areas more comfortable and shaded. There is a flourishing arts community in the shire, and the Tweed River Regional Art Gallery, at nearby Murwillumbah, is the focus for many major exhibitions as well as the home of the Doug Moran Portrait Prize, the world's richest art prize.
The two main shopping centres now include a movie complex and a multitude of major national stores as well as local specialty shops. Additionally the new Strand Shopping Complex on The Esplanade at Coolangatta has just opened in 2015. In the new industrial area off Greenway Drive, there are a group of large homewares stores as well as other local industries.
Property Code: 1579
Key Investment Insights1. Prime location in the centre of Tweed Heads CBD, with easy access to shops, clubs, restaurants, beaches, and other amenities.
2. Potential for growth and improvement with minor cosmetic work and improved marketing strategies.
3. Low external workload with easy to maintain grounds and salt water pool.
4. Suitable for a handyman or a working couple.
5. 51% Return On Investment and a net profit of $129,562 for 2014/15.
6. Only 10 years left on the lease, but priced right for a quick sale.
7. Strong tourism and retail sector in the area, with potential for further growth.
8. Flourishing arts community and major art exhibitions at the Tweed River Regional Art Gallery.
9. Major shopping centres with a variety of national and local stores, as well as a new shopping complex on The Esplanade at Coolangatta.
10. Easy access to other towns and villages in the shire, as well as the Gold Coast International Airport.