Tuncurry, New South Wales
1359MF - Water Views with Approved DA
- 3.5 hours north of Sydney.
- Walking distance to beaches and the lake.
- A current DA for a 41 apartment building and shops in place.
- A great long term investment.
- 28 rooms of various configurations with a 3.5 star rating.
- Swimming pool and barbeque facilities.
- Onsite restaurant.
- Modern conference room suitable for retreats and special occasions.
Less than three and half hours north of Sydney, this motel is well placed on the Mid-North Coast within walking distances of Beaches and the Wallis Lake. The property has a current DA in place for a 41 apartment building with views of the lake along with shop fronts making it a great long term investment.
As a going concern, this 3.5 star rated motel has plenty of potential offering 28 rooms of various configurations making it suitable for the family holiday, a quiet weekend away, or for the commercial traveller.
The motel is also conveniently located in the centre of Tuncurry being only a short stroll to shops, the cinema, bowling clubs and fishing spots. At the end of a big day there is the opportunity to relax beside the swimming pool and barbeque facilities or to dine out at the onsite "Blackie's" restaurant.
The South Pacific also contains a modern conference room making it ideal for business retreats and other group events.
Net profit $237,657 for 2018/19 (benchmarked)
Contact James Carrick from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 1359MF (quote when enquiring)
Location: Tuncurry and Forster, located 312 km north of Sydney, are two coastal towns which are now essentially one conglomerate urban mass separated by a very large concrete bridge. They sit on opposite sides of the entrance to Wallis Lake which is 26 km long. Thus the two towns are fronted by the ocean to the east and the lake to the west. The combined population is currently 24,000.
Because of its close driving proximity to Sydney, Forster-Tuncurry has established itself as a popular summer holiday destination, where in the hotter months, the population swells considerably. The school holidays in the colder months also bring large numbers of holidaymakers.
Tuncurry's Nine Mile Beach is a popular swimming, surfing and fishing spot. Tuncurry Rockpool is a shark netted swimming enclosure, formed by breakwalls which mark the entrance to Wallis Lake. Tuncurry's lakefront areas are characterised by wharves and jetties which provide anchorage for fishing boats and pleasure craft.
Property Code: 1651
Key Investment InsightsKey insights for this business for sale listing include:
1. Prime location: The motel is situated in a highly sought-after location on the Mid-North Coast, just 3.5 hours north of Sydney. It is within walking distance to beaches and the Wallis Lake, making it an ideal spot for holidaymakers.
2. Approved DA in place: The property comes with a current DA for a 41 apartment building and shops, making it a great long-term investment opportunity.
3. Variety of room configurations: With 28 rooms of various configurations, the motel caters to a diverse range of guests, including families, couples, and business travelers.
4. Onsite amenities: The motel offers a range of onsite amenities, including a swimming pool, barbeque facilities, and an onsite restaurant, making it a convenient and comfortable stay for guests.
5. Modern conference room: The property also features a modern conference room, making it suitable for business retreats and special occasions.
6. Strong financials: The net profit for 2018/19 was $237,657, making it a profitable business opportunity.
7. Growing tourist destination: The Forster-Tuncurry area has become a popular holiday destination, with a growing population and influx of tourists during peak seasons.
8. Proximity to amenities: The motel is conveniently located in the center of Tuncurry, within walking distance to shops, cinemas, bowling clubs, and fishing spots.
9. Potential for growth: With the current DA in place and the growing popularity of the area, there is potential for the business to expand and increase profits.
10. Experienced broker: The sale is being facilitated by James Carrick from Tourism Brokers, who has extensive knowledge and experience in the hospitality industry.