Franz Josef, South Island
Okarito Beach House FHGC For Sale
Okarito Beach House FHGC For Sale
The Okarito Beach House is a real haven away from the main tourist trail. It is situated within a stone’s throw of dramatic West Coast beaches, close to the glacier township of Franz Josef.
Along with the property the adjoining tourism business is also for sale. As the need be one can convert these two properties to a larger tourism business and convert one property as a fantastic living space for the owners family. Please refer the adjoining listing 47156.
Here is a fantastic opportunity to purchase a great business with a great lifestyle.
- Fantastic beach area location
- Three lodges available for rent and one of them can be used for the manager
- Part of a small coastal community located off Highway 6, between Whataroa and Franz Josef glacier
- The area is home to stunning scenery, fabulous sunsets, lush coastal forest and deserted beaches
- Plenty of room for further development
- The price is for 3 separate titles sold together
- Hot Tub and garden area
- The ‘Hutel’: This is a beautiful self-contained compact chalet with its own private deck out front. A studio-style combined King bedroom/kitchen/living/dining area with an en suite.
- Summit Lodge: Newer three-bedroom lodge was built in 2007 and consists of 3 en suite rooms which can be made up as a Twin or Super King. This is a very elegant building with bamboo floors, tasteful décor and a roaring log fire for those winter nights or those we West Coast days. There is a large kitchen and dining area (shared with all 3 bedrooms) featuring a spectacular solid-wood dining table which can easily sit 16 people at once, perfect for larger groups! Twin / Super King x 3 (en suite)
- Rimu House: This is a 3 bedroom house all with en suite, and a kitchen/dining area (shared with all 3 bedrooms). This house has full wheelchair access and a disability-friendly toilet/shower room. A long deck out front provides a great little sun spot for watching the most amazing sunsets. Double room with Queen bed x 2 (en suite). Twin room with 2x Single beds x 1 (en suite)
In the Area: Okarito Lagoon is New Zealand's largest unmodified wetland. A coastal lagoon, it is 130 kms south of Hokitika, covering an area of about 12km. The lagoon is home to many species of wading birds, including the extremely rare Kotuku (Eastern Great Egret). Very near Okarito is Kotuku's only New Zealand breeding area. At the southern end of the lagoon is the small beach settlement of Okarito. Bird watching, eco-tours and kayak tours of the lagoon are available, and there are a number of local hikes. The rarest species of kiwi, the Okarito Kiwi - or Rowi - is also found near the town of Okarito in a DOC managed kiwi sanctuary.
For more information or to arrange your private viewing, please contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Dilan De Silva, on ---------- or email ---------- .
Key Investment Insights1. Prime location near popular tourist destinations on the West Coast
2. Opportunity to purchase both the property and adjoining tourism business
3. Potential for further development and expansion
4. Three different accommodation options available for guests
5. Spectacular views and natural surroundings
6. Close proximity to Okarito Lagoon and opportunities for bird watching and eco-tours
7. Rare opportunity to purchase a successful business with a great lifestyle
8. Potential for one property to be converted into a living space for the owner's family
9. Includes a hot tub and garden area for guests to enjoy
10. Advertised as a haven away from the main tourist trail, offering a peaceful and secluded experience.