196 Mary Street, Gympie, Queensland
ICONIC HOTEL IN CENTRAL GYMPIE
$1,000,000 + GST IF APPLICABLE
The building currently known as the Empire Hotel started life as the Newmarket Hotel and was rebuilt as the Miners Arms in 1872.
The name changed around the First World War to the current Empire Hotel, and the building has remained almost unchanged since that time.
Situated on a 607 m2 block, the hotel includes a main bar fronting Mary Street, an internal bar servicing the dining area and rear deck, and an equipped commercial kitchen. Furnished accommodation facilities include three double rooms and one single room, all set for short or long term customers with communal kitchen and bathroom facilities.
The top floor also includes living quarters for an onsite manager including a kitchen, living area, two bedrooms, office area and bathroom. There is also a parking area at the rear of the Hotel.
The Empire has not been fully functional since the February 2022 floods, with some works done to re-open the main bar area for a short time in early 2022. Renovations will be required to bring the Empire back to full operational condition.
The Empire presents an opportunity for its next owner to restore this popular Hotel to its previous operational standard, or to consider renovating to extend the accommodation or dining / entertainment facilities.
The Empire Hotel is listed for sale on a walk in / walk out basis at $1,000,000 plus GST if applicable.
We do not accept responsibility for the accuracy of any information. Interested parties should make their own enquiries in order to determine the accuracy of this information. Intending purchasers should seek legal and accounting advice before entering into any contract of sale.
Key Investment Insights1. Historic building with a long-standing presence in the community.
2. Prime location on a 607 m2 block in central Gympie.
3. Main bar, internal bar, and equipped commercial kitchen.
4. Furnished accommodation facilities with potential for short or long term customers.
5. Living quarters for an onsite manager.
6. Parking area at the rear of the hotel.
7. Requires renovations to bring it back to full operational condition.
8. Potential for further renovations to extend accommodation or dining/entertainment facilities.
9. Listed for sale on a walk in/walk out basis at $1,000,000 plus GST if applicable.
10. Interested parties should conduct their own enquiries and seek legal and accounting advice before entering into a contract of sale.