2550MF - Money Maker at Half the Replacement Price
Opportunity to cash in and make your mark!
- Built in 2012/13 (Motel operations commenced August 2013)
- 72 rooms (68 Queen Executive rooms + 4 two-bedroom apartments)
- Significant bar, dining and conference areas (279 sqm)
- Convenient distance of seven operating coal mines and a number of proposed new mines, the property is perfectly positioned to capitalize on the continued expansion of the mining sector in addition to very strong agriculture and tourism markets. Onsite restaurant
- 2018 Recognition of Excellence - Hotels Combined
- On 6,076 sqm of land
- Increasing occupancy
- Below replacement - Valued in 2012 for $11,530,000
- 4 minutes drive Country Golf Club and an easy walk to the local aquatic centre
- Adjoins McDonalds, Red Rooster and other conveniences
- In the main CBD precinct
- High repeat trade
- Heaps of space and options for clients / groups and guests
- Close proximity to: Hospital, shopping centre, library and community facilities, local attractions including Blackdown Tableland National Park, Sapphire Gemfields and the Australian Coal Mining Museum.
- Current occupancy in the order of 31% with an accommodation only turnover on track for over $1.2M for the 2018 Cal Year and increasing with the expected Net to grow considerably. The restaurant and conference areas will contribute additional as well.
- Significant to build and capitalise on the opportunity or retain as a static investment and sell off a new lease.
The business and area is growing and a new mine is just about to open to add to the existing mines that currently service the area. MACA Limited has secured a $700 million ‘life of mine’ contract for the provision of mining services at the Bluff coal project near Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
The new mine, owned by Carabella Resources, is expected to employ about 140 people, and MACA said it would source the workforce from the local Blackwater area where possible. Contract works will commence by the end of the year, with first coal is expected to be produced in early 2019.
Net Profit $765,421 expected
Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 2550MF (quote when enquiring)
Property Code: 2916
Motel InformationRestaurant Facilities: -Liquor Licence: -Restaurant: -Lease: -