1940ML - A REAL MONEY MAKER
Reduced Leasehold $800,000
- Strong trading history in a growing area
- Opportunity knocks for a solid business
- Long lease – 35 years as at November 2020
- 25 units in immaculate condition, just move in and enjoy
- Very strong occupancy - will only get better
- Easy operation, enjoy the relaxed lifestyle of outback QLD
- Winton is a very progressive town with tourism improving – a $40 million Museum of Natural History is about to be built.
- Now benefits from the addition of 5 new rooms completed October 2018.
- Centrally located, the motel is a convenient walk to the CBD and is strategically located to be able to capitalize on the travellers from Darwin heading all points South.
- A number of local eating options are a short walk from the property with chargebacks in place as required.
Strong tourism area, the property is well positioned and provides a base for guests visiting the area:
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum
- Dinosaur Stampede ate Larry park Conservation Park
- The Waltzing Matilda centre Museum
- Bladensburg National park
- Winton Diamantina Heritage Truck and Machinery museum
- Arno’s Wall
- Musical Fence
- Quantilda Museum
- Corfield and Fitzmaurice General Merchants
- Wilie Mars Fruit and Vegetable Shop
The local Council is very proactive and has a dynamic Tourism officer that are working together to grow the areas tourism and benefit all.
Net Profit: $261,051 for 2019/20 and $241,063 for 6 months July-Dec 2020
Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 1940ML (quote when enquiring)
Location: Winton is the Dinosaur Capital of Australia, home of Waltzing Matilda and Queensland’s Boulder Opal; abundant in nature, culture and heritage. Winton is located in Central Western Queensland on the Landsborough Highway, 178 kms north-west of Longreach; 470 kms south-east of Mount Isa and approximately 1,500 kms from Brisbane.
A walk down Elderslie Street (Winton's Main Street) is a reminder of the rich heritage, and commitment to tourism, of this unique outback town. There is an excess of interesting and unusual attractions: the Musical Fence, the Truck Museum, the memorabilia inside the North Gregory Hotel; the Australian Age of Dinosaurs exhibits and tours, the Waltzing Matilda Centre, Lark Quarry Conservation Park and the Dinosaur Stampede National Monument.
Property Code: 3222