Tumut, New South Wales
RARE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY – 1697MI
- New 40 year lease 4 x 10 year options.
- 7.5% on asking.
- Tenants pay outgoings.
- Quality Motel in strong rural location.
- 30 room brick and tile property in excellent condition.
- Excellent presentation trading well.
- Ideal highway location.
- Repeat trade from corporates, tourists, workers.
- High visitation centre.
- Significant internal area with dance floor, easily adapted for conferences, weddings and functions.
- Recently $50M has been invested by the Government in the Tumut Hospital redevelopment and upgrade of the Ambulance station.
- Significant increase in job vacancies in the area with an unemployment rate of 2.9%, below the NSW State Benchmark.
- Tourism is growing in the area with 1,063 jobs supported in 2021.
- 7%+ growth year on year for forestry.
- Demand for workers and contractors as well as service providers increasing.
- Contact now to arrange inspection.
In the past it has been used for presentations to apprentices in the Snowy Hydro scheme as well as weddings. The property offers a significant upside to any potential operator and could easily be run under management. Ideal opportunity for a self-managed super fund investment / operation with separate entity option.
The Tumut area is around four hours' drive from Sydney and around two hours from Canberra. You can also fly into Wagga Wagga Airport. The Tumut River flows along the edge of the town; the plains spread out on either side of the river; and the foothills of the Snowy Mountains rise on all sides.
The town is remarkably prosperous largely due to the success of the timber industry. This prosperity has seen the town become one of the most attractive medium-sized settlements in rural New South Wales.
Annual Rent: $300,000 plus GST
Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 1697MI
Property Code: 4760
Key Investment Insights1. Rare investment opportunity with a new 40 year lease and 4 x 10 year options.
2. Tenants responsible for paying outgoings.
3. Quality motel in a strong rural location.
4. Well-maintained 30 room brick and tile property.
5. Excellent presentation and strong trading performance.
6. Ideal highway location with high visibility.
7. Diverse customer base including corporates, tourists, and workers.
8. High visitation center with potential for growth.
9. Significant internal area with potential for hosting conferences, weddings, and functions.
10. Recent government investment in local hospital and ambulance station.
11. Low unemployment rate and growing job vacancies in the area.
12. Growing tourism industry with over 1,000 jobs supported in 2021.
13. Strong growth in forestry industry.
14. Increasing demand for workers, contractors, and service providers in the area.
15. Potential for self-managed super fund investment or operation with separate entity option.
16. Convenient location, around 4 hours from Sydney and 2 hours from Canberra.
17. Prosperous town with attractive surroundings and strong timber industry.
18. Annual rent of $300,000 plus GST.
19. Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
20. Property ID: 1697MI.