Tumut, New South Wales
RARE FREEHOLD OPPORTUNITY - 1697MF
- Quality Freehold Motel in strong rural location.
- 30 room brick and tile property in excellent condition.
- Excellent presentation trading well.
- Ideal highway location.
- Repeat trade from corporates, tourists, workers.
- High visitation centre.
- Beautiful offering with high profit.
- Significant internal area with dance floor, easily adapted for conferences, weddings and functions.
- Recently $50M has been invested by the Government in the Tumut Hospital redevelopment and upgrade of the Ambulance station.
- Significant increase in job vacancies in the area with an unemployment rate of 2.9%, below the NSW State Benchmark.
- Tourism is growing in the area with 1,063 jobs supported in 2021.
- 7%+ growth year on year for forestry.
- Demand for workers and contractors as well as service providers increasing.
- Contact now to arrange inspection.
In the past it has been used for presentations to apprentices in the Snowy Hydro scheme as well as weddings. The property offers a significant upside to any potential operator and could easily be run under management. Ideal opportunity for a self-managed super fund investment / operation with separate entity option.
The Tumut area is around four hours' drive from Sydney and around two hours from Canberra. You can also fly into Wagga Wagga Airport. The Tumut River flows along the edge of the town; the plains spread out on either side of the river; and the foothills of the Snowy Mountains rise on all sides.
The town is remarkably prosperous largely due to the success of the timber industry. This prosperity has seen the town become one of the most attractive medium-sized settlements in rural New South Wales.
Net Profit: $664,024 for 2022/23
Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 1697MF
Property Code: 4720
Key Investment Insights1. Quality freehold motel with 30 rooms in excellent condition.
2. Located in a strong rural location with high visitation.
3. Diverse customer base including corporates, tourists, and workers.
4. Significant internal area with potential for conferences, weddings, and functions.
5. Recent government investment in the area, including hospital redevelopment and ambulance station upgrade.
6. Low unemployment rate and growing tourism industry in the area.
7. Demand for workers and contractors increasing, providing potential for growth.
8. Ideal opportunity for self-managed super fund investment or operation with separate entity option.
9. Located around four hours' drive from Sydney and two hours from Canberra.
10. Remarkably prosperous town with attractive surroundings.
11. Net profit of $664,024 for 2022/23.
12. Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
13. Property ID: 1697MF.