Timaru, South Island
Quality Motel High Profits High Occupancy
Land, Buildings and Business $4,490,000
This well-known and well operated motel in Timaru has come out the other side of Covid with its best trading year and the results speak for themselves. Plus the 2023/2024 figures just keep getting better.
It's an ASURE Accommodation Group member and is a 4.5 star rated and consistently ranked among the top properties on Tripadvisor in Timaru. A strong loyal corporate and domestic traveller client base.
18 units with an excellent mixture of studios and one & two bedroom units, including a separate 3-bedroom house. Plenty of options here for accommodating guests.
The owners' home is a wonderful spacious 4-bedroom 2-bathroom house with attached reception which comes fully furnished and is presented to a high standard.
The buildings and chattels have been maintained to very high standard, there appears to be little to spend here in the short term. The business is supported by a wonderful website and great systems in place for new owners to hit the ground running. Currently being run by an onsite manager with support from the owners who live nearby.
Timaru, being far less reliant on international visitors, is enjoying a very buoyant trading environment. Many months are breaking records for occupancy and revenue, making now an excellent time to purchase this freehold property at a great price.
Our vendor is retiring and now passing on a financially strong & sound business.
Some details of this listing are confidential and can only be disclosed upon completion of a confidentiality agreement, included in the Information Memorandum available on our website.
We would welcome your enquiry on the Land, Buildings and Business of this Motel for sale in Timaru via our website or by phoning JOHN CONNELLY on ---------- , DDI ---------- or ---------- .
Key Investment Insights1. Strong financial performance: The motel has had its best trading year despite the challenges of Covid-19, and the 2023/2024 figures are projected to be even better. This indicates a strong and profitable business.
2. High occupancy rates: The motel has consistently high occupancy rates, which is a key indicator of its popularity and demand among travelers.
3. Well-known and reputable: The motel is a member of the ASURE Accommodation Group and has a 4.5 star rating on Tripadvisor. This indicates that it is a well-known and reputable establishment in the area.
4. Diverse range of units: The motel offers a variety of units, including studios, one and two bedroom units, and a separate three-bedroom house. This provides flexibility in accommodating different types of guests.
5. High standard of maintenance: The buildings and chattels have been well-maintained, with little to no immediate expenses required. This indicates that the property is in good condition and ready for new owners to take over.
6. Strong online presence: The motel has a well-designed website and effective systems in place for managing bookings and reservations. This makes it easy for new owners to continue operating the business successfully.
7. Support from owners: The owners live nearby and provide support to the onsite manager, ensuring a smooth operation of the business.
8. Buoyant trading environment: Timaru is less reliant on international visitors, making it a popular destination for domestic travelers. This has resulted in a strong and buoyant trading environment for the motel.
9. Freehold property: The sale includes the land, buildings, and business, providing an opportunity for new owners to have full control and ownership of the property.
10. Retirement of owners: The current owners are retiring, presenting an opportunity for new owners to take over a financially strong and sound business.