Picton, South Island
Ferrylink Motel FHGC For Sale in Picton
Offers over $2,400,000 + GST (if any)
Ferrylink Motel is a busy accommodation facility in Picton. Currently boasting 11 rooms, from studios to family suites, this is the perfect property for those looking for a lifestyle change. This attractive property has a very healthy turnover and produces an exceptional high return.
- Closest motel accommodation to Bluebridge Ferry and also close to Interislander Ferry
- The motel organically fills with customers taking the Cook Strait Ferries
- The motel boasts approximately 90% occupancy
- The FHGC will produce a very good return for an owner operator
- With a soft refurbishment a new owner has the opportunity to add a 2 bedroom apartment into the renting pool making 12 rentable units (the current revenue and profitability is based on 11 rental units)
- There is plenty of easy access parking on the property which is an attractive benefit to many customers that travel with trailers / boats etc., across the Cook Strait
- A newly built bright sunny on site and functional manager’s house is included in the purchase
- The residence has a master bedroom with ensuite and WIR, kitchen, dining, living and a sun drenched deck on the top floor
- Ground floor consists of 2 bedrooms, family bathroom, toilet, garage, laundry and internal access to the Reception
- The manager’s residence is designed to be private from the motel guests so that it promotes a great work-life balance
- Live in one of the sunniest places of the South Island.
- Picton still does very well with domestic travellers and it is a transient town that booms with the international travellers
- A number of the Ferrylink’s client base stay the night before catching the ferry to Wellington or stay the night after arriving in Picton from Wellington, as well as other regulars staying multiple nights and even weeks.
- Picton is to undergo a massive port expansion to cater for a larger fleet of ferries, that will fill up motels in the next few years.
It’s a very rare opportunity that won’t last long.
It is a great time to buy a tourism business and be ready for a boom once the COVID19 travel restrictions settle down. Dilan De Silva also offers a 3 month free business consultation programme for buyers who are new to the tourism and hospitality industry.
For more information or to arrange your private viewing, please contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Dilan De Silva.
Key Investment Insights1. Ferrylink Motel is a well-established and busy accommodation facility in Picton.
2. The motel is strategically located near the Bluebridge and Interislander ferries, making it a popular choice for travelers.
3. The motel has a high occupancy rate of approximately 90%.
4. The FHGC (Freehold Going Concern) business model offers a very good return for an owner-operator.
5. There is potential for growth and increased revenue with a soft refurbishment and the addition of a 2-bedroom apartment to the rental pool.
6. The property has ample parking space, making it attractive for customers with trailers or boats.
7. The purchase includes a newly built, private manager's residence with a functional layout.
8. Picton is a popular destination for domestic and international travelers, providing a steady stream of customers for the motel.
9. The town is undergoing a port expansion, which is expected to bring more business to the area and increase demand for accommodation.
10. The current COVID-19 travel restrictions present a unique opportunity for buyers to purchase a tourism business at a lower price and be ready for a boom once the restrictions ease.
11. Dilan De Silva, the Accommodation Business Broker, offers a free 3-month business consultation program for new buyers in the tourism and hospitality industry.
12. This is a rare opportunity that is expected to sell quickly.