9125 Hyde-Middlemarch Road (State Highway 87), RD 3, Middlemarch, South Island
FHGC Hyde School Accommodation & Eatery For Sale In Central Otago
OFFERS OVER NZD 1.2Mil +GST (if any) +SAV
Beautiful Central Otago Rail Trail Opportunity – But Be Quick!
The Hyde School Accommodation & Eatery is a great opportunity to own and operate a freehold going concern business on the Central Otago Rail Trail. This property is strategically situated (just 200m from the trail) and could be expanded, as Hyde experiences the biggest shortages of accommodation for trail guests requiring accommodation and an evening meal, along the entire Central Otago Rail Trail.
HOME, INCOME, LIFESTYLE, & BUSINESS, ON OFFER:
• Thriving Business and Lifestyle
• Situated on the Central Otago Rail Trail
• Business based on cyclists from the Rail trail
• Now recognised as part of the Scenic Highway
• Three beautiful separate dwellings on site
• Plus potential for development!
• Restaurant & café, with a full commercial kitchen
• Modern lodge with 5 ensuited units
• Spacious 3-bedroom home
Hyde School Accommodation is a modern accommodation complex, made up of the beautifully restored 1869 School House and 5 beautifully appointed ensuited guest suites. The modern suites all feature comfortable beds, wet-floor showers, and all have coffee and tea making facilities. It is a beautiful venue for trail users, but also for special events, such as weddings, corporate retreats, conferences and extended-family getaways.
CAFE & RESTAURANT
The Eatery, cafe and restaurant, is in the School house and is fully licensed. A renowned food destination, they produce incredible cuisine, made from their own garden along with locally sourced Otago fare and Central Otago wines are the focus in the wine menu. The property boasts a great outdoor entertainment area, featuring beautiful macrocarpa furniture situated in the old school pool, protected from the wind and sun, plus there’s a football field and sports equipment for the more enthusiastic guests. The Lodge is a beautiful venue for special events, such as weddings, corporate retreats, conferences and extended family getaways. But you may find with the increase in Kiwi’s doing the cycle trail you may be busy enough with that!
HOME & RESIDENCE
The owners residence is a beautiful, modern 3-bedroom home, situated to make the most of the Central Otago sun hours. Set apart from the Lodge and cafe, giving privacy to the owners.
DRIVING TRAVEL TIMES
• From Queenstown 2 hours 27 minutes
• From Wanaka 2 hours 15 minutes
• From Oamaru 1 hour 27 minutes
• From Dunedin 1 hour 20 minutes
• From Ranfurly 25 minutes
Here is your opportunity to realise a long held dream. This is a business that offers you outstanding lifestyle balance – A gorgeous home, plus an income, right by a source of ever-arriving guests on the cycle trail. Easily run by a couple or family, this is a well set-up business with great reviews. Plus there is room to potentially grow the business and utilise the property further. If Central Otago has long been your dream, register today and check out the additional gallery in the documents, or call Adrian now.
For more information please register now and request access to the documents, or contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Adrian Chisholm, AREINZ, by using the contact form on this page thank you.
Property Ref: 43203
Key Investment Insights1. Prime location on the Central Otago Rail Trail, experiencing high demand for accommodation and evening meals.
2. Potential for expansion and development, as Hyde has the biggest shortage of accommodation along the entire trail.
3. Three separate dwellings on site, including a restaurant and café, a modern lodge with 5 ensuited units, and a spacious 3-bedroom home.
4. Modern and well-appointed accommodation, with comfortable beds, wet-floor showers, and coffee and tea making facilities.
5. Renowned food destination, with a fully licensed restaurant and café serving locally sourced Otago fare and Central Otago wines.
6. Beautiful outdoor entertainment area, featuring macrocarpa furniture and a football field, perfect for special events and gatherings.
7. Owners residence offers privacy and a modern 3-bedroom home.
8. Convenient driving travel times from popular destinations such as Queenstown, Wanaka, and Dunedin.
9. Well-established and highly rated business, easily run by a couple or family.
10. Potential for growth and further utilization of the property.
11. Opportunity for a lifestyle change in a beautiful and sought-after location.