Mena Creek, Queensland
GREAT LITTLE PUB FOR ACTIVE COUPLE RETURNING ROI 48% - 88HL
Perfectly positioned on a world-famous Tourist Trail, this Hotel provides a comfortable, enjoyable, and restful stay for travellers visiting Far North Queensland and in particular a world-famous Park that has annual day and night visitors of round 100,000 which is located just 300m down the road from this Hotel.
With this existing patronage from Paronella Park of inbound tourism, coach companies that previously visited the park now returning and the caravan park adjacent to the hotel catering for 60 powered sites now open and nearing capacity, it is expected that Mena Creek’s annual visitors will move back to 100,000 per annum, and each night can hold well over 300-400 guest visitors in town.
The Caravan Park patronage has seen nightly meal numbers from the Caravan Park add an additional 100 meals alone, making the total dinner revenues nearing capacity.
Further a resumption of an additional tour bus each day is bringing 20 lunches each day from major catchment areas such as Cairns and Townsville have added a further 7,250 lunch meals giving a great boost to lunchtime atmosphere and an increase in annual revenue of around $145,000 PA.
There is a growing number of Bed and Breakfasts in town and there would be the opportunity to collaborate with the Hotel to offer dinner packages.
Currently run under management, there is enormous potential for a couple with strong management and hospitality skills to step in and work with the local tourist providers and take this to the next level.
The Hotel is part of the famous Pub Crawl with other famous hotels in the area and gets plenty of thirsty travellers dropping in to quench their thirst.
Key Features includes:
- Well-appointed hotel rooms.
- Fully refurbished shared bathrooms.
- 2 bedroom manager's residence.
- Commercial kitchen.
- Cool rooms and freezers for food and liquor.
- Unique far north Queensland bar.
- Wrap around balcony dining.
- Double garage / shed.
- Pool tables.
- Solar panels and back-up generator.
With Annual Sales of $1,251,000 and opening seven days a week from midday onwards, it is an easily run Hotel with five hotel rooms, and a generous wine list and menu.
With a competitive long-term Lease in place of 25 years and Rental of $115,000 per annum this Hotel will net a working couple, $193,124.
This Hotel Lease opportunity is competitively priced at $425,000, representing a 48% return on Investment.
Net Profit: $193,124 for 2020/21
Contact Antonio Curulli from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID:88HL (quote when enquiring)
Property Code: 4251
Key Investment Insights- Prime location on a world-famous Tourist Trail
- Strong existing patronage from a nearby world-famous Park
- Increased potential with the reopening of a caravan park adjacent to the hotel
- Potential for collaboration with local tourist providers and bed and breakfasts
- Part of the famous Pub Crawl, attracting thirsty travellers
- Well-appointed hotel rooms and fully refurbished shared bathrooms
- 2 bedroom manager's residence
- Commercial kitchen and cool rooms/freezers for food and liquor
- Unique far north Queensland bar and wrap around balcony dining
- Double garage/shed and pool tables
- Solar panels and back-up generator
- Annual Sales of $1,251,000 and opening seven days a week
- Competitive long-term Lease in place with a rental of $115,000 per annum
- Potential for a working couple to net $193,124 per annum
- Competitive price of $425,000, representing a 48% return on investment