Hay, New South Wales
633ML - Outstanding Leasehold Property
A substantial turnover, improving after refurbishment has added value to this business.
Central location within the CBD of Hay this motel has it all.
A restaurant, currently used to cater for large groups, this motel has room to spare.
42 rooms offer a significant opportunity to cater for the bus trade.
Still plenty of room for improvement.
Easily operated by a couple with casual staff.
Net profit $178,119 expected for 2017/18
Contact David Head from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 633ML (quote when enquiring)
Location: A friendly rural community, Hay is situated on the picturesque Murrumbidgee River, about halfway between Sydney and Adelaide and just over 400 kms from Melbourne.
Hay is a progressive and proactive community with agriculture the main base of the economy but in recent years the community has embraced tourism. This diversification has created a range of employment and business opportunities in the private and government sector. The community's diversification into tourism has also seen new opportunities in the hospitality and retail sector. A number of new businesses have established themselves in Hay during the past few years, obviously realizing the potential of the region.
Hay Shire Council has welcomed a decision by New South Wales' Department of Planning and Environment approving the development of a major solar farm in the region. The $150 million Hay Sun Farm is to be constructed approximately 6 kms north-east of the township and an average of 100 full-time equivalent jobs will be created during construction and up to five full time positions during the operational stage of the project.
Property Code: 1516
Key Investment Insights1. Central location within the CBD of Hay, offering convenience for guests.
2. Potential for growth and improvement, with a substantial turnover and room for further development.
3. Diversification of the community into tourism, creating new opportunities for the hospitality and retail sector.
4. A friendly rural community with a progressive and proactive attitude.
5. The potential to cater for large groups and bus trade with 42 rooms and a restaurant on site.
6. Easily operated by a couple with casual staff, making it an ideal business for owner-operators.
7. Net profit of $178,119 expected for the 2017/18 financial year.
8. Approval for a major solar farm in the region, indicating potential for further economic growth.
9. Located halfway between Sydney and Adelaide, with easy access to major cities.
10. Property ID: 633ML, making it easy to identify and enquire about the business.