274 Hillview Road, Alexandra, South Island
Premium Central Otago Pinot Noir Vineyard For Sale
Offers Over NZ1.5m +GST (if any) +SAV
Acclaimed Vineyard on the Market!
Located in the highly regarded wine growing region of Central Otago and offered for the first time, this premium Pinot Noir Vineyard is now ready for new owners.
The current owners are wanting to focus on their core wine business, located outside of Central Otago, so have decided it is time to pass on this prized Central Otago block, which has been expertly managed by one of the best in the business – this vineyard is cropped to produce quality, over quantity. This is an ideal opportunity to invest, diversify or expand your current viticulture portfolio, or for new entrants into the wine sector.
- 11.4459 hectares total land (approx)
- 5.15 hectares of vines (approx)
- 100% premium Pinot Noir
- Multiple potential building sites
- Or convert to a cherry orchard and reap the rewards!
One of Central Otago’s great vineyards is for sale as a 5.2ha (approx.) Freehold Vineyard (9,129 vines), a 6ha (approx.) leasehold Vineyard (11,574 vines), plus extensive assets and chattels, and even shares in the winery that can continue to produce your wine going forward. The current wine branding is not included in the sale.
The forward projections for the production crop are:
- Pinot Noir: 25 Tonnes
- Pinot Noir Rose: 5 Tonnes
- Pinot Gris: 30 Tonnes
- Giving a total production of 60 Tonnes!
This vineyard is long established with stable production and there are highly skilled staff to maximise production at this micro climate location, which is situated approximately 230m above sea level.
The freehold title has an established building platform ready to build your own residence. The building platform is compacted and elevated, and is sited due north, and has consents from the Central Otago District Council. Power, telephone and domestic water is reticulated to the building platform.
The vineyard was originally planted in 2000, but the vines were progressively replaced with grafted root stock by 2008. There is a limited Shelter Belt along the road boundary.
Cherry Conversion & Production?
An exciting opportunity also exists here. Land blocks that have a good water supply in Central Otago are ideal for cherry production and demand for land to grow cherries has become a significant feature of the Central Otago rural property market. There is potential here to utilise the existing infrastructure, and convert to a cherry orchard, creating an exceptional export business out of Central Otago.
This conversion opportunity would suit an:
- Existing Orchardist looking to expand or relocate
- Overseas investor looking for a route to NZ Citizenship
- Investor (or group) seeking expanding returns from high income producing freehold land
Information Memorandum: The full details of the domestic water supply, irrigation water supply and reticulation, frost protection, wind machine, main shed, implement shed, pump shed, chemical shed and storage dam, are all contained in the vendor’s documents, available to registered buyers on this website.
Whilst the current branding is not part of the sale, up to approximately 1,000 cases of Pinot Noir, and approximately 900 cases of Pinot Gris, are available at trade price less 20% discount to the successful purchaser. This product would be supplied as a clean skin.
If you’re seeking a change, and lifestyle balance, then this is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to make the move to Central Otago, and reap the benefits of the lifestyle and climate. This is a rare opportunity to acquire a prestigious, fully equipped and operational, well-tended, Central Otago Vineyard in a prime location producing award-winning Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris grapes. The current owners are available as a consultant to allow the new owner to extract all the IP of this successful property and business. Or seize this opportunity to join the move to Cherry production and get started on a conversion on this spectacular land in Central Otago. Call Adrian to arrange your viewing now.
For more information, please contact specialist Viticulture Business Broker, Adrian Chisholm, AREINZ using the contact form on this page, thank you.
Key Investment Insights1. Located in highly regarded wine growing region of Central Otago
2. Premium Pinot Noir vineyard with expert management and focus on quality over quantity
3. Ideal opportunity for investment, diversification, or expansion of viticulture portfolio
4. Freehold and leasehold vineyards with extensive assets and chattels included in sale
5. Stable production with projected crop of 60 tonnes
6. Established building platform for potential residence
7. Potential for cherry orchard conversion with good water supply
8. Information memorandum available with details on water supply, irrigation, and infrastructure
9. Opportunity for overseas investors seeking route to NZ citizenship
10. Rare opportunity to acquire prestigious, fully equipped, and operational vineyard in prime location
11. Current owners available as consultants for new owner
12. Potential for lifestyle balance and benefits of Central Otago climate.