22 Reef View Rd, Ahipara, North Island
Price Reduced Motel For Sale In Ahipara, Northland – Gateway To 90 Mile Beach
NZD $1,425,000 +GST (If any) +SAV
The Ahipara Bay Motel and Bayview Restaurant & Bar Northland
Ready to own your very own piece of Paradise?
Now you can, sighted 200 metres from the beach on elevated land stands an iconic 11 unit motel with commanding views of Ninety Mile Beach and beyond to Shipwreck Bay and Reef Point.
The motel boasts a nautical theme and the spacious units offer comfortable modern facilities and superb panoramic views.
This is a motel with a difference – included in the sale are the Management Rights to six deluxe water view units attached to the complex. The owners see the Managed Units “as a win-win situation as they provide a good return without the Capital Cost of purchase or paying maintenance, rates or other costs. These are borne by the individual owners.”
And this is not just a motel – the excellent and well patronised Bayview Restaurant and Bar contributes considerable revenue to the healthy bottom line of this unique property.
Elevated to maximise the stunning views and memorable sunsets the restaurant and bar cater to loyal locals and visiting tourists. The menu offers something for everyone including a children’s menu. Promoting the unique ‘Stonegrill’ option as a dining experience, the guest self cooks steak or fresh fish exactly as they like it.
As the new owner you will appreciate the totally private and modern three bedroom apartment with large outdoor deck and of course being located on the upper level you will enjoy stunning views in every direction. This is a motel where the owners will enjoy a superb quality of life without the daily grind of a city motel. Yet another upside of living in Paradise – maybe it’s your turn.
The current owners have spent 20 happy years here and now its time to retire – will you be the next lucky owners?
What you will purchase:
- Land Buildings and Business – Freehold Going Concern including Management Rights over 6 deluxe units comprising:.
- 2 x Studio and 3 x 1 bedroom units (with spa baths) and 2 x 2 bedroom units. All furniture in the management rights units owned by the Business.
- Five Freehold Motel Units – all are ground floor and comprise:
- 1 x basic bedsit type unit, 1 x Studio and 3 x 1 bedroom units which recently had a major refurbishment including new kitchen and bathroom units.
- Land area of 0.1464 hectares
- Bore/well delivering 3000 litres of water per hour if required.
- Sealed driveway and spacious parking area.
Chattels List and Owners Financial Statement available to download after registering on Tourism Properties website.
Contact the Broker Tom Crawford for further information.
Ahipara is at the southern end of 90 Mile Beach. It’s home to incredible sunsets and it has one of the best left hand surf breaks in New Zealand. This unspoiled sandy beach is also popular for surfcasting, land yachting and shellfish gathering. You can learn to do the ‘Tuatua Twist’, which involves standing in the water at low tide and twisting your feet in the sand until you feel the tell-tale hard edges of tuatua. These shellfish are delicious made into fritters or simply steamed open.
Shipwreck Bay, to the left of the township, is aptly named. At low tide some of the wrecks are still visible. Above Shipwreck Bay is the Ahipara Gumfields Historic Reserve, where you can see relics from the kauri gum digging days and remnants of ancient kauri forests. In the late 1800s the gum fields supported two thousand people, three hotels and numerous shops. Bullock teams carted the gum to waiting ships at Shipwreck Bay.
The subtropical town of Ahipara is a relaxed place. In the Maori language, Ahipara means ‘sacred fire’, in reference to a fire that was kept constantly burning by the local Te Rarawa people. Visitors to Ahipara can enjoy quad biking, walking in the gumfields and horse riding. Sliding down the huge sand dunes on body boards (known as dune surfing) is awesome fun. www.newzealand.com Area Information: (on their website).
TourismProperties.com | ID: 19615
Key Investment Insights1. Iconic 11 unit motel with commanding views of Ninety Mile Beach and beyond.
2. Nautical theme and spacious units with modern facilities.
3. Management rights to six deluxe water view units included in sale.
4. Bayview Restaurant and Bar contributes considerable revenue.
5. Elevated location maximizes stunning views and memorable sunsets.
6. Private and modern three bedroom apartment for owner's use.
7. Land, buildings, and business included in sale.
8. Freehold going concern with management rights over 6 deluxe units.
9. Recently refurbished units with new kitchen and bathroom units.
10. Land area of 0.1464 hectares.
11. Bore/well delivering 3000 litres of water per hour.
12. Sealed driveway and spacious parking area.
13. Chattels list and owner's financial statement available.
14. Ahipara is a popular tourist destination with beautiful beaches and activities such as surfing and sand dune sliding.
15. Relaxed and laid-back atmosphere in Ahipara.
16. Potential for growth and development in the area.
17. Ideal for owner-operator looking for a change of lifestyle.
18. Option to live on-site and enjoy a superb quality of life.
19. Opportunity for new owners to put their own stamp on the business.
20. 20 years of successful operation under current owners.